
Childhood books, green apples, Amy Poehler & Tina Fey, the feeling of my town in autumn, good health, the fact that I like my job, public transportation,
my family, travel, Buffy the Vampire Slayer, people being kind to one another.

The Internet, The Whitney, my year in China, my wonderful grandmother, the state of Michigan,
good friends (near and far),
Clueless, singing along to songs in my mom's car, The Mountain Goats, old typewriters, subcultures,
gay art-scene bloggers, certain parts of Judaism.

Romance, popcorn,
having Barack Obama as president, dancing, my baby cousin Sam, home movies, financial stability, my education.

And lastly,
America. It can be a perplexing, awful, racist, sexist, hypocritical place, but it's also beautiful, mesmerizing, diverse, and thrilling. I am thankful to live in America. I am thankful that I am free to publish this blog. And I am thankful for my readers. (All six of you.)
I am thankful for you!
ReplyDeleteAw, thank you F! I am thankful for friends I have known since 7th grade. I promise not to tell Mark Bittman about that chocolate cake with plums I made you bake with me.
ReplyDeleteThank you for posting this. It made me smile and reminded me how much I just love hearing whatever comes out of your head. Love to you.
ReplyDeleteMake it seven, friend! (I'm playing catch-up.)
ReplyDeleteSo grateful for YOU!