Monday, September 27, 2010

Weekend Feast

I've been very lax at blogging recently, due to starting a new job and attending high holiday services and surprise parties and seeing friends who are in from out of town. The most recent was my friend Andy, amateur chef and Shadow Machine animator. He stayed at my house over the weekend and we cooked up a storm on Sunday night. (Well, he cooked; I chopped). He drew inspiration from whatever he could find at the Tompkins Park Farmer's Market. Behold, the menu:

A salad of Bosc pear, honey, yogurt, and aged goat cheese.
A main course of New York honey glazed duck breast with plum sauce, chard, sunchoke, and roasted shallots.

And for dessert: excellent hipster artisan chocolate from Brooklyn.

And lastly, in equally exciting food news, our own Freya Bellin is blogging on Mark Bittman's website. Check out her delicious writing here.

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum!
    This looks amazing! I had Mast Bros. chocolate a few months ago. At first I wasn't a huge fan, then I realized I'd consumed half of the bar. Oops?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That hipster chocolate is addictive, I tell you! I agree that it isn't my favorite chocolate, but I can't stop eating it.

    Thanks for the blog love, Maggie!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks yummy! This is totally a reality/Food Network show idea, though: Andy travels all over the country and is a surprise dinner guest where he whips up something on the fly with local inspiration! Right?!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, Caryn, let's pitch that show! Sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete