I saw "Last Train Home" the other night. Maybe it's the fact that I just returned from China, but I was pretty blown away by this film. It's meticulous and beautiful and honest and painful and just an incredible work of (documentary) art. If you want to see me use more adjectives to describe it, you can read my review at Critic's Notebook. Warning: I get unnecessarily verbose. To make a long story short: if you get a chance to see this film when it's released in September, I recommend it. Then we should all get together and talk about it.
Wednesday, July 28, 2010
Last Train Home
I saw "Last Train Home" the other night. Maybe it's the fact that I just returned from China, but I was pretty blown away by this film. It's meticulous and beautiful and honest and painful and just an incredible work of (documentary) art. If you want to see me use more adjectives to describe it, you can read my review at Critic's Notebook. Warning: I get unnecessarily verbose. To make a long story short: if you get a chance to see this film when it's released in September, I recommend it. Then we should all get together and talk about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
yay! i'm glad you are still blogging. you're dalian blog provided much needed entertainment at work.
ReplyDeletewelcome back!
leslie
Aw, Leslie, thanks for reading! I hope I see you soon now that I'm back in the States.
ReplyDelete